Columbus, Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer Mark Jones has represented hundreds of clients in personal injury claims in Columbus, Georgia, Phenix City, Alabama, and Auburn, Alabama, in many different court systems including: The Superior Courts of Georgia, The Circuit Courts of Alabama, and the Federal Courts system. Mark has recovered over $10 million for clients in his practice. Mark loves to fight for his clients, oftentimes recovering significant compensation for his clients in cases other attorneys rejected as impossible, difficult, or simply too much work.
Mark Jones has represented many, many soldiers in the United States Army and is well-versed in the unique aspects of handling a personal injury claim involving a soldier, particularly in dealing with Tricare. Mark has resolved cases for soldiers and their spouses while they are deployed overseas serving our nation.
In one instance, Mark was able to resolve a case for all available policy limits while a soldier was in Iraq. Due to a power of attorney, the internet, and a scanner, Mark was able to overnight the solider’s wife in Texas the settlement proceeds after resolving the case (all pursuant to the soldier’s express orders, of course). Mark also knows more about subrogation — or when someone claims a part of your settlement — than perhaps any other lawyer in the Columbus-Phenix City area.
You want Mark Jones on your side to fight not only against the liability insurance company, but also to reduce claims for reimbursement or claims for a lien on your case.
Representative Cases Include:
- $7,000,000.00 Jury Verdict (co-counsel) (Columbus, Georgia) (2016) (client had $49,000.00 in medical bills, defendant shown to be DUI, despite not being cited at the scene with DUI;
- $2,000,000.00 settlement;
- $300,000.00 (policy limits) car wreck settlement where client had back surgery;
- $175,000.00 settlement for minor child with head injury.
- $150,000.00 settlement for a retired army veteran for a pure psychological injury involving post-traumatic stress disorder
- $150,000.00 (policy limits) settlement for client with severe pre-existing back condition after minor impact wreck;
- $125,000.00 non-surgical neck case, client had $32,000.00 in medical bills and had a subsequent wreck after the wreck at issue;
- $125,000.00 slip and fall settlement where Plaintiff could not demonstrate actual or constructive notice of dangerous spill;
- $145,000.00 settlement for client with severe pre-existing knee issues on landlord-tenant slip and fall
- $115,000.00 settlement for minor with pre-existing knee injuries;
- $100,000.00 (policy limits) client placed in inpatient rehabilitation center for approximately two weeks;
- $100,000.00 (policy limits) client was hit and run and had $22,000.00 in medical bills, client had pre-existing back and neck issues and had prior wreck months before wreck at issue;
- $80,000.00 settlement for motorcyclist with broken leg, but no surgical recommendation;
- $68,000.00 settlement, client had $13,000.00 shoulder surgery, plaintiff could not show proprietor had actual notice of spill and spill remained on floor for approximately 20 minutes
- $50,000.00 (policy limits) recovery for bus passenger where prior “TV” attorney rejected case for lack of coverage
- $50,000.00 (policy limits), client’s medical bills totaled less than $10,000.00;
- $50,000.00 (policy limits) disabled veteran was hit and run, client had $14,000.00 in medical bills;
- $50,000.00 (policy limits) settlement on for small business owner’s lost profits after a wreck totaled his vehicle
- $41,000.00 settlement where man slipped and fell in restaurant and underwent pain management;
- $37,500.00 for non-surgical back case, after wreck, client stationed in Hawaii with Army, claim handled remotely;
- $35,000.00 settlement in disputed liability case where child hit in a parking lot, defendant claimed child jumped on car;
- $22,500.00 for non-surgical headaches case where client had pre-existing history of migraines.
- $58,000 lien waived entirely by major health insurer where lien shown to be in violation of Georgia law and state law was not pre-empted by ERISA, health insurer threatened with abusive litigation lawsuit then dismissed claim altogether;
- $45,000.00 Medicare lien reduced to $2,500.00
- $15,000.00 Medicare lien reduced to $1,647.00
- $10,000.00 State Health Care lien reduced to $200.00
- $9,400.00 lien waived entirely by major health insurer. Insurer threatened with lawsuit where lien violated Georgia law and plan documents did not qualify for ERISA pre-emption by plan’s express terms;
- $8,500.00 ERISA Health Insurance lien reduced to $2,000.00
*DISCLAIMER: These recoveries and testimonials are not an indication or guarantee of future results. Every case is different, and regardless of what friends, family, or other individuals may say about what a case is worth or what results should occur, may occur, should not occur, or may not occur, each case must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances as they apply to the law. The valuation of a case depends on the facts, the injuries, the jurisdiction, the venue, the witnesses, the parties, any evidence, investigation, and testimony, among other factors. Furthermore, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Corporation” url=”www.LawyerMarkJones.Com” name=”Law Offices of Mark P. Jones” description=”Columbus Ga Lawyer Mark Jones” street=”832 1st Avenue” city=”Columbus” state=”Georgia” postalcode=”31901″ country=”United States” email=”email@example.com” phone=”706-225-2555″ fax=”706-225-2556″ ]